POKAGON STATE PARK
Winter means the opening of the Pokagon State Park toboggan run - yippee! Operating with or without snow,this unique and fun attraction draws over 90,000 riders every season.
TOBOGGAN RUN OPERATION
The Pokagon State Park toboggan run is a 1,780-foot refrigerated twin track. With the 30-foot tower and all of the dips and valleys, the total vertical drop is 90 feet. It takes anywhere from 20 to 30 seconds from the time you are launched to the time you fall back in exhilaration as the sled skids to a stop a quarter mile from the tower. The top recorded speed is now 42 mph. That’s quite fast to be sliding on your bottom.
The toboggan run operates during the weekends (Saturdays & Sundays 10 am – 6 pm), from Thanksgiving weekend through February, with or without snow. Hours are extended during the holiday season, and the Toboggan is open New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, and Presidents’ Day.
Note: This season the Pokagon State Park toboggan run will be operating with only one track. There may be longer than usual wait times. Plan to arrive early if you are travelling from more than an hour away. The wait list starts taking guest names after the first 100 people enter the toboggan area, and it is first-come, first-served. Guests may no longer be added to the wait list when maximum capacity is reached.
Click here for the most up-to-date info on toboggan run hours and more.
TOBOGGAN RENTAL INFO
- Cost is $20/hour per toboggan (tax included).
- Cash, check, and Visa/MasterCard accepted.
- A driver’s license or state issued ID is required as deposit and rents up to 4 toboggans.
- No all day rentals.
- No group reservations or group rates.
- Sleds rent on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Rates are subject to change without notice.
- Entrance fees to park apply for toboggan renters.
GENERAL TOBOGGAN RUN INFO
- Face coverings and gloves must be worn to rent and ride the toboggans.
- Refrigerated track – snow is not needed to operate.
- Currently only one track will be in operation, so the lines may be longer than normal.
- Renters are guaranteed one ride per hour during peak times.
- Toboggan will close if air temperatures drop to 0 degrees F or below at the track.
- Warming center restrooms open; concessions available. No indoor gathering space available.
- No carry-in food in toboggan area or upper/lower parking lots. No tailgating.
- Maximum of 4 people per toboggan (no exceptions).
- Must use park’s toboggan.
- There are no specific age or height restrictions, but children must be able to understand and follow rules.
- No cameras/video equipment allowed on ride.